Monday, July 03, 2006

Moham

There is a poem named 'moham' by a renowned malayalam poet
O N V Kurup. I believe this poem doesn’t come under the purview of plagiarism or translation.
When I wrote this I don’t know whether subconsciously my mind was translating 'moham'
But if he has written a similar poem with a similar theme… What can I do if my mind…also
think in a very similar fashion. Hence i wrote...If I get brickbats for this one I am only responsible
for distorting such a beautiful work by ONV (though I did unconsciously) and I am extremely sorry about that.
If someone likes this go and read Moham(if you know malayalam)...its an amazingly beautiful poem.

Wish

I wish I could rewind my life,
I want to live that life fully.
I wish I got my childhood back,
I want to enjoy it completely.
I wish I got my innocence back,
I want to flash that toothless grin.
I wish I could change my views,
I want to drop all my prejudices.
I wish I could take a decision,
I want that decision to be unbiased.
I wish that I lived in a utopia
I wish to be the ruler of that utopia
I know how futile my wishes are
Still I wish that my wishes turned true.
Am I the prisoner of my futile wishes?
Or am I the man the world waited for?
May be when I rest in peace I will
find answers for all these questions.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dew Drops said...

is Moham the "oruvattam koodiya pazhaya vidyalaya .. "??? one of my all time favorite in malayalam ...

10:37 PM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

hope my next post clear ur doubt

10:54 PM  
Blogger Reshmi said...

i'm here from the comment u posted on by blog..:)

I wish I got my innocence back,
I want to flash that toothless grin.
I wish I could change my views,
I want to drop all my prejudices.


even i too wish the same..

1:25 AM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

@reshmi
all tat we can do is to wish
still inside our heart we are all
very prejudiced.atleast i am..

10:39 PM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

moham..hmmm moham is mostly related with the wish on physical lure on woman. moham - woman. hmm

5:29 AM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

stranger...
I hope u r a tamizhian
bcse..moham..is just wish..
and it is kamamoham wat u r referin 2

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home